Polski | English |
Krakow's churches | Main Market Square | The Cloth Hall | Wawel Hill | City Walls | Krakow Mounds | Krakow's Gallery | 3D Panoramas
Kraków Krakow's Attractions
• Churches
• Main Market Square
• The Cloth Hall
   - Gargoyles
• Wawel Hill
• Town Hall Tower
• City Walls
• Krakow Mounds
• Krakow's Gallery
Kraków krakow4u.pl
• About us


Back to
Krakow's Churches
Krakow
The Church of the Holy Cross

The Church of the Holy Cross is a small, simple but impressive Gothic building located near the demolished city walls, just next to the Julius Slowacki Theatre. The structure was built between 1186 and 1207 AD. The oldest part of the church is a stone presbytery. A brick part of the construction dates from the 15th century. The simplicity of the exterior contrasts suprisingly with the rich interior where You can find beautifully coloured wall paintings dating back to 1420 ['The Agony in the Garden' in the Chapel] and wonderful Gothic palm vault which is based on very high and huge pillar.

2004 - 2016 © Paweł Krzan KRFOTO | All rights reserved. Copying the materials included on this page is forbidden without the permission of the author