Polski | English |
Krakow's churches | Main Market Square | The Cloth Hall | Wawel Hill | City Walls | Krakow Mounds | Krakow's Gallery | 3D Panoramas
Kraków Krakow's Attractions
• Churches
• Main Market Square
• The Cloth Hall
   - Gargoyles
• Wawel Hill
• Town Hall Tower
• City Walls
• Krakow Mounds
• Krakow's Gallery
Kraków krakow4u.pl
• About us

Cracow

St. Mary's Visitation Church

foto: Pawel Krzan

The Church of the Visitation of the Virgin Mary and the monastery of Calced Carmelites were founded by Ladislaus Jagiello in 1397. The gothic church, severely damaged during the Swedish invasion, was rebuilt from 1657 to 1679, and the walls of the original building were used. The facade, closing off Rajska Street is modest imitation of SS. Peter and Paul's temple. The finest pieces of furnishing, the amazing high altar and the stalls, were executed in Jerzy Hankisz's workshop from 1698 to 1699. The altar figures are among the best examples of 17th century wooden sculpture in Cracow. Attached to the church from the south is a spacious chapel housing the miraculous image of Our Lady.

Cracow

St. Mary's Visitation Church

foto: Pawel Krzan

Cracow

St. Mary's Visitation Church

foto: Pawel Krzan

Cracow

St. Mary's Visitation Church

foto: Pawel Krzan

Cracow

St. Mary's Visitation Church

foto: Pawel Krzan

Cracow

St. Mary's Visitation Church

foto: Pawel Krzan

Cracow

St. Mary's Visitation Church

foto: Pawel Krzan

2004 - 2016 © Paweł Krzan KRFOTO | All rights reserved. Copying the materials included on this page is forbidden without the permission of the author