Polski | English |
Krakow's churches | Main Market Square | The Cloth Hall | Wawel Hill | City Walls | Krakow Mounds | Krakow's Gallery | 3D Panoramas
Kraków Krakow's Attractions
• Churches
• Main Market Square
• The Cloth Hall
   - Gargoyles
• Wawel Hill
• Town Hall Tower
• City Walls
• Krakow Mounds
• Krakow's Gallery
Kraków krakow4u.pl
• About us


Back to
Krakow's Churches
Kraków
Corpus Christi Church

Corpus Christi Church was founded by Kasimirus III The Great about 1340. The front elevation has a gothic gable whilst decoration of the interior is baroque with a marvelous very high altar ( 17th.century), massive, beautiful stalls in the chancel (17th. century) and an 18th.century boat- shaped pulpit.

In the early 17th century, Canons Regular of Saint Augustine added the 73-metre- tall tower with manneristic copula, three church porches on the northen, southern and western sides, topped by copulas with lanterns, the mentioned canon's stalle and the main altar.
The top of the gorgeous western facade, finished in 1477, is topped by pinnacles and ornamented by reliefs of Christ, Saint Mary, Saint John and the two emblems of Poland and Lithuania.

2004 - 2016 © Paweł Krzan KRFOTO | All rights reserved. Copying the materials included on this page is forbidden without the permission of the author